Last updated: 29 March 2020
Business-Takeover.com (the “Platform”) is a product of Business Takeover Pte. Ltd. The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how Businessfortakeover.com and Business Takeover Pte. Ltd. manages personal data which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”). Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us or signing up for any promotions or services offered by us, you agree and consent to Business Takeover Pte Ltd, its Affiliates (as defined below) and their related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives and/or agents (“Representatives”) (collectively referred to herein as “BT”, “us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data (as defined below), and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies’ authorized service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy. Please note that “Affiliates” as used in this Data Protection Policy refers to the owners and key appointment holders of the Platform managed by Business Takeover Pte. Ltd. Such owners include but are not limited to directors, officers, employees, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, parent(s), subsidiaries, successors.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to BT in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which to any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your personal data.
BT may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our Platform http://business-takeover.com/privacy-policy. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time. Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit any form and or request;
- when you interact with our staff and other representatives, for example, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, and email;
- when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises or photographs or videos were taken by us or our representatives when you attend events hosted by us;
- when you use our services provided through online and other technology platforms, such as websites and social media platforms;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our promotions and other initiatives, or our requests for additional Personal Data,;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents and other service providers;
- when you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information in connection with any appointment as an officer, director or other representatives;
- when we receive your personal data from business partners, public agencies, your employer or other third parties;
- when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with your relationship with us, for example, from your ex-employer and the relevant authorities in relation to employment applications; and/or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
When you browse our Platform, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not at our Platform automatically collect Personal Data, including your email address, unless you provide such information.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
Purposes for Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, BT collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to, processing and handling your complaints, queries, requests, feedback, and suggestions;
- managing the administrative and business operations of the Companies and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the Companies;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- verifying your identity;
- requesting feedback or conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to understand buyers’ behavior, spending habits, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our services;
- facilitating and carrying out due diligence checks;
- analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- providing media announcements and responses;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on BT (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, surveillance, and investigation, or customer due diligence); and/or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
In addition, BT collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes depending on the nature of our relationship:
If you are an existing or prospective customer or employee of BT,
- marketing and sales of properties (including but not limited to facilitating viewings, conducting negotiations, preparing quotations and entering into sale and purchase agreements);
- facilitating the merger and acquisition activities (including but not limited to liaising with lawyers and other administration);
- providing client servicing and benefits (including but not limited to sending you seasonal gifts and invites to events and other value-added services);
- archival management (including but not limited to warehouse storage and retrievals);
- enforcement of repayment obligations and arrears management (including but not limited to providing notification of outstanding arrears and preparation of legal documents); and/or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
If you are an employee of an existing or prospective external service provider, vendor, supplier, consultant or contractor outsourced by BT:
- managing pre-qualification of vendor database;
- procuring, awarding and managing project tenders;
- managing the outsourcing relationship;
- managing the processing and payment of invoices and expense claims;
- managing project developments;
- managing premise security (including but not limited to conducting security screening and issuing contractor access passes);
- rendering premise maintenance and housekeeping; and/or
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
If you submit an application or were referred to us as a candidate for employment:
- conducting interviews;
- processing your application which includes pre-recruitment checks involving your qualifications and facilitating interviews;
- providing or obtaining employee references and for background screening;
- assessing your suitability for the position applied for;
- managing referrals; and/or
- any other purposes relating to any of the above.
If you are an existing employee of BT:
- administering compensation and benefits (including but not limited to processing expense claims);
- providing remuneration and reviewing salary and bonuses;
- facilitating onboarding processes;
- manpower and logistical management;
- learning and talent development;
- conducting evaluation and staff appraisals;
- managing corporate social responsibility projects;
- conducting analytics and research for human resource planning and management, and for us to review, develop, optimize and improve work-related practices, environment and productivity;
- administering cessation processes; and/or
- any other purposes relating to any of the above.
In addition, where permitted under the Act, BT may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing products, services, and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programs;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by BT or other third parties;
- administering contests and competitions, and personalizing your experience at BT’s touchpoints;
- sending you details of products, services, special offers, and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you; and/or
- conducting market research, understanding and analyzing customer behavior, location, preferences, and demographics for us to develop special offers and marketing programs.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receive marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, BT may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
In relation to particular services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Disclosure of Personal Data
BT will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- BT’s related corporations;
- companies or brokers providing services to BT;
- agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to BT, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, storage, archival, customer support investigation services or other services to BT;
- vendors, sales agents or other third-party service providers in connection with promotions, properties, goods or services offered by BT;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or any debt or asset sale) involving any of the Companies;
- external banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- third party referrers;
- our co-brand and other business partners;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, government ministries, statutory boards or authorities and/or law enforcement agencies, whether local or overseas, including the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore, Ministry of Manpower and the Central Provident Fund Board, to comply with any directions, laws, rules, guidelines, regulations or schemes issued or administered by any of them;
- external business and charity partners in relation to corporate promotional events; and/or
- any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data.
When you interact with us on our Platform, we may employ cookies in order for our server to recognize a visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the Platform, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor's IP address, and a visitor's clickstream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
Cookies are small text files stored in your computing or other electronic devices that allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our Platform.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records,
Please contact BT as follows:
Call: +65-6649 8515
Write in: The Data Protection Officer (Business Takeover Pte Ltd)
Address: 10 Anson Road #10-11, International Plaza Singapore 079903
Please note that if your personal data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a recruitment agency), you should contact such parties directly to make any queries, feedback, and access and correction requests to BT on your behalf.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, BT may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you, administer any contractual relationship in place, may also result in the termination of any agreements with BT, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and BT’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
BT shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of Personal Data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Platform, as the case may be.
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this Platform shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.